I got my first ever blog award on Saturday from Nancy at Spicie Foodie. I love her collection of beautiful photograph and fantastic looking recipes (In fact I tried her thai fish curry tonight for dinner and it was amazing).
The idea with the award is that you list 10 things that make you happy, and then send the award on to 10 bloggers who make you happy.
Things that make me happy:
- Well I have to start this list with the person that makes me most happiest 😉 My lovely fiance, Matt.
- Cooking, how can you not love something so creative, that gives you yummy treats?
- Blogging, I guess this is probably one of the most obvious.
- Photography, this is probably the newest thing to join the list. I am learning so much, and when I take something good, I am so proud!
- If I mention photography then I really have to mention my new baby. My camera!
- My family and friends, they are always there for me, for support and to make me laugh.
- Glee! It always makes me smile.
- A nice cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc, after a long week. Heaven.
- Entertaining, mixing up two things that make me happy cooking for friends and family. I get a real sense of achievement from putting food out and watching them enjoy it and have fun.
- Sunshine. Scotland in April is like a totally different country, the green hills, blue skies and cherry blossom trees, but it’s the sunshine that really makes a difference and makes me smile.
And finally here are the food bloggers that make my day a little happier!
- HungryJenny has some great recipes, I love her “Say NO to Takeaway” series of posts, I made Lemon Chicken and it was tasty and quick! You can follow her on twitter @HungryJenny.
- Nancy from The Dogs Eat the Crumbs and her new-to-me-at-least bread blog Corner Loaf. Nancy was nice enough to show me around Atlanta when I was there visiting in February and show me all the great foodie locations. After just spotting her bread blog, I think I have some reading to do this afternoon 🙂
- Mary Moh at Keep Learning Keep Smiling has received this award many times before, but she deserves it so much. Mary has so many recipes on her site, they all look delicious, I love how she has a focus on healthy food – but makes such wonderful looking sweets too!
- Marija at Palachinka, has a beautiful blog with fantastic photography, especially this Ratatouille.
- Chele at Chocolate Teapot, deserves this award for chcolate recipes – which can’t fail to make you happy! I am thinking of making her Rhubarb and Oat Crumble later on today! Since it’s such a horrible day I think I need some cheering up.
- Kathy at The Colours of Indian Cooking as you’ll have seen I love indian cooking. It makes me very very happy, so of course I love Kathy’s Indian cooking blog. Recently her Cauliflower Curry has taken my fancy – now I just need to find me some Cauliflower!
- Alta at Tasty Eats at Home. Alta has lots of wonderful recipes (many gluten-free) and amazing photographs. I love her posts on “Kids in the Kitchen”, which I think is a lovely idea, getting children interested in cooking and eating is important!
- Denise at Quickies on the Dinner Table who makes my favourite type of foods – fast and flavourful.
- Cooking Rookie has some beautiful photos and I love the look of this cute aubergine sandwich.
- Chef Dennis at More Than A Mount Full, one of the newest blogs I read. It has a great selection of healthy and sinful, I have my eye on this Lemon Cream Cake with Strawberries